The Charlotte Line $400 Fantasy League 2020
Signup Link (Available Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 10PM Eastern Time)
- You can register for the league any time prior to Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 2:30 PM Eastern.
This date and time marks the beginning of the Daytona 500 NASCAR Cup race for 2020.
- You are allowed to pick one (1) driver every race. The first pick, for Daytona 500
will open on Tuesday February 12 at 6:00 AM. You must be a registered participant (click on the link at the top of this page.)
You can make your selections on our website (there will be a link on the front
page). Entries MUST be made before the race begins. Selections made after the
race begins will be deemed to be invalid and you will receive zero points for
that race. Dates and times vary, so we will
post that date/time mid-week before each NASCAR Cup race.
- You can pick a driver only once per season. We have two seasons: SEASON 1
begins with Daytona 500 and runs through Southern 500 on Labor Day Weekend. The
winner of SEASON 1 will receive $150 on or around December 1, 2020.
SEASON 2 is The Chase for the Cup and starts with the race after the Southern 500 The
winner of SEASON 2 will receive $250 on or around December 1, 2020.
- SPECIAL EXCEPTION: If your driver wins or finishes
in the top five the week you pick them, you may select them again.
- If your driver wins a stage you get 1 extra point per stage win.
- Selections must be made from qualified entrants as posted on our website.
We will post qualifiers at the beginning of the week before each Cup race.
If you do not pick a driver one week, you receive zero points.
- Once you use a driver you can not use them again, unless they meet the
SPECIAL EXCEPTION rule above.
- Once you select a driver it is locked in for that race.
- If you do not pick a driver before the start of each NASCAR Cup race,
you will get zero (0) points.
- We will post standings on our website the following Wednesday morning after each
race (to account for penalties, etc. issued on Tuesdays)
Tips for selecting drivers (adapted from HowTheyPlay.com - https://howtheyplay.com/fantasy-sports/fantasyautoracing101)
Daytona 500 selection must be made prior to Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 2:30 PM Eastern
- You can only select from the list of drivers who have qualified for this week. We will usually post these drivers at the beginning of the week before the race.
- You will be limited to starting a driver no more than three times per season. If your driver wins the week you pick them, you get a bonus start of that driver.
- Know Your Track - NASCAR runs races on a variety of tracks such as flat tracks, road courses, super speedways and short tracks. Some drivers do better or worse on different track types so check their stats. Short tracks such as Bristol or Richmond can have frequent wrecks. You might want to consider starting a big name on these tracks, otherwise a wreck can be costly in our points system.
- Drivers who qualify in the top five will statistically give you a better chance of winning. The better they qualify on a particular track, the better they are likely to perform on race day.
- Recent winners - Normally, there will be a Busch series race the day before a NASCAR Cup series race. Drivers who finish high (or win) in the Bush Series are likely to do well in the Cup race the next day. Therefore, you can make your pick the morning of the Cup race to take the advantage of proven performance on a particular track.